This took more time than expected. I think I started it back in January because I added notes and stuff. It’s okay looking (big gluteus maximus due to large iliac). It’s not perfect, but by the end of the road I was looking more towards the goal than the journey.
Just have to wait two days and paint over muscles with some mod podge, then paint the base black to cover the clay below.
On to new projects.
Oh, and the eBay skeleton that I bought, it came with half female and male pelvics so I couldn’t put them together. All in all I have two partially incomplete skeletons but still make for good reference material.
Saved me a bunch of trouble. I couldn’t do it earlier because I was worried about removing the blue and red paint, but at this point (cleaning with isopropyl, cleaning with Goo Gone, trying to bleach and soak the bones twice to remove the residue etc) I was over my aversion to using acetone.
Also I’m trying to make a stand for it with a curtain rod I have from home and part of an inexpensive rolling chair.
I’m studying some old masters. Also attempting to learn more about oil painting.
Due to Covid-19 I haven’t received more clay to complete my ecorche yet.